Tuesday 9 April 2013

Getting started

Mister Fudge Goes East

This week as the weather finally starts to warm up I have decided that my royal barge will take me eastwards to meet my courtiers in Whittlesey.

My crew have already started packing my many necessities for the forthcoming voyage. I have chosen a route from our base at Saul Junction on the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal.

Saul Junction



191 miles and 168 locks - I hope my crew are up to it.  They tend to take it easy and spend a bit too much from the ship's purse..........I may have to resort to the cat of 9 tails to encourage them.



Here I am supervising locking up the Bratch on the Staffs and Worcs Canal a couple of years ago







3 comments:

  1. Bon voyage mister fudge. Make sure you keep your crew under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to travel by long boat, or is that Royal Barge. Enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Fudge says thank you for your kind wishes.

      Delete